Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care
Compassionate In-Home Care for Seniors with Alzheimer’s or Dementia
Dementia affects millions of seniors in the United States, and when it impacts someone in your family it can be challenging and exhausting. Many patients with dementia deal with depression, anxiety and are at higher risk for becoming socially-isolated. That’s where we come in! At Caring Professionals, we understand Alzheimer’s and dementia and can provide specialized caregiving services to families throughout the City of St. Louis and the St. Louis, Jefferson, St. Charles and Lincoln County areas.
Our Alzheimer’s and dementia care services include:
- Maintaining a safe home environment
- Mental stimulation through conversation and other companionship activities
- Planning and preparing nutritious meals
- Transporting your loved one to medical appointments and other activities
- Personal care toileting, bathing and grooming assistance
- Encouraging the client to accomplish as much as they can on their own
- Providing general pet care
- Adapting a care plan that effectively addresses disease progression
- Honoring and respecting the senior’s earlier life accomplishments
- Assisting with your loved one’s ambulation and socialization
- Report to Staff Coordinator, who reports to the family)
- Identifying, documenting and managing changing behaviors
- Engaging in light housework and other household responsibilities
Caring Professionals’ compassionate Alzheimer’s and dementia caregivers stand ready to deliver the necessary patience, empathy and nurturing to put your mind at ease and keep your senior loved one aging in place safely in the comfort of their own home.
Benefits of Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care
Doctors have found that living at home in familiar surroundings actually provides some much-needed comfort and stability to someone with dementia. Allowing your senior family member with dementia to stay in their home has been shown to be beneficial as long as they aren’t a safety risk to themselves or others.
We will sit down and customize a personalized dementia care program that works best for your family; one that delivers the individualized attention your loved one requires anywhere from hourly to continuous, 24-hour, monitoring.
How to Get Started
The Caring Professionals team will give you peace of mind, beginning with your very first phone call! We understand that no two situations are the same, so we will take the time to get to know you and your individual needs.
When you contact Caring Professionals, we will answer your questions and address any concerns you may have. We will learn about your preferences and work to match you with one of our caregivers.
Contact us today to discuss your needs or to schedule a free in-home assessment.